Grupo Folklórico Los Mejicas’s 50th Annual Spring Show: Con Amor, Para Mis Mejicas, is a celebration of perseverance, hard work and resistance for Latine students that navigate higher education. Showcasing six regions this year, the event will show the love of Mejicas through the lens of Abuela, a Mejicas alumna, while helping her granddaughter, Mija, navigate higher education as she reminisces on her past through performances, bonding with friends, and love.
Everyone is encouraged to arrive early to check out the food and photo opportunities at the Placita in the outdoor lobby area of the theater. Aguas frescas and pan dulce will be available before the show and during intermission. We also encourage all guests to come in their traditional vestuario to join us in this joyous occasion.
La 50º presentación anual primaveral de Grupo Folklórico Los Mejicas: Con Amor, Para Mis Mejicas es una celebración de perseverancia, esfuerzo y resistencia de estudiantes Latines quienes navegan la educación superior. Exhibiendo seis bailes regionales de México, el programa demostrará el amor de los Mejicas através de la perspectiva de Abuela, una ex-alumna de Mejicas, ayudando a su nieta, Mija, navegar la educación superior mientras recuerda sus presentaciones pasadas, las amistades formadas y el amor por el folklórico.
Les invitamos a todos que lleguen temprano para que disfruten de la comida y la oportunidad de tomar fotos en la Placita que estará úbicada en la área de recepción al aire libre. Habrá aguas frescas y pan dulce antes de la presentación y durante la intersección. También les invitamos a vestir en trajes típicos durante esta celebración.
- Attend in person.
- All attendees, regardless of age, are required to have a ticket to enter.
- Tickets are available online only. (There is no in-person sales window at the event.)
- Doors are scheduled to open to patrons 30 minutes prior to event start time; arrive early for best seating selection.
- The theater's overall seating capacity has been reduced to allow some physical distancing; however, other attendees may be seated next to or near you.
- Please see COVID-19 protocols here in advance of the event.
- Note: children age 0-4 must show proof of a negative PCR test to enter.
ACCESSIBILITY AT MAINSTAGE THEATER
- Disability parking spaces are available on Kerr Rd. near the theater or passenger drop off at the traffic circle on Kerr Rd.Enter the theater via the Door 5 entry ramp.
- Some seats are available on the entry level (no stairs); most seats are accessed via stairs.
- Wheelchair capacity: standard is 2 wheelchairs + limited seating for companions; access via the ramp at Door 5.
If you have an accessibility-related need, please contact the Arts Events Office at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Please allow extra time for the admission process, and be prepared to show the following COVID-19 documents:
- UCSC students: green clearance badge
- UCSC employees: symptom check clearance email
- Visitors: Show proof of vaccine -OR- negative PCR test completed within 72 hours (home tests/antigen tests are not accepted)
Note: Children 0-4: negative PCR test is required. (Children are not currently eligible for vaccination.)
- For this individual presentation, all attendees must wear a face covering while inside the venue, as requested by the event producer (The masking protocol for this event supersedes UCSC's April 10 policy change).
- The theater's overall seating capacity has been reduced to allow some physical distancing, however, other attendees may be seated next to or near you.
- Arrive early for best seating selection.
- Parking $5.
- Purchase a permit or use ParkMobile.
- The closest parking lot to the Theater Arts Center is Lot #126.
- Accessibility parking spaces are located near the theater on Kerr Rd.
- See Transportation & Parking Services (TAPS) for visitor parking information, ParkMobile instructions, and a campus parking map.