A contemporary of J.S. Bach, Turlough O’Carolan (1670-1738) was Ireland’s most famous harper. His music includes the most joyous tunes in the entire ‘6 Celtic Nations’ repertoire as well as airs of extraordinary melancholy. This project is supported by UC Santa Cruz, in honor of Linda Burman-Hall’s award of an Edward A. Dickson Emerita Professorship (2019-2023).
- Free and open to the public.
- Tickets are required for entry and are available here at UCSCtickets.com.
- Maximum 3 tickets available for purchase per individual/transaction.
- Tickets are available online only and there will be no sales window or will-call tickets for pick up at the event.
- Audience members who do not arrive by 2:50 p.m. (10 minutes prior to the advertised start time), may forfeit their tickets/seats.
- Doors are scheduled to open at 2:45 p.m., approximately 15 minutes prior to event start time (previously advertised as 2:30 p.m. but adjusted to allow time for dulcimer and harp tuning).
- Masks are strongly encouraged but not required.
More event information on the Arts Division's website here.